Departing: 08 May 2021
Departing from Perth you will fly into the night and bear witness to one of the world’s most indescribable natural phenomena. Join Aurora hunter and astrophysicist Dr Ian Griffin and a team of expert astronomers on board a private Qantas Boeing 787-9 as you head over the Southern Ocean toward Antarctica. As we take you far away from the light pollution you will drift high above the clouds and weather systems to see a magical and unforgettable display with an uninterrupted view of the Southern Lights – where Aurora Australis is brightest.
You will see constellations, stars and planets as you have never witnessed them before. Throughout the flights you will receive a full inflight catering service in both business and economy classes. Expert astronomers will provide information on route about how an aurora is created, as well as pointing out their favourite night sky objects. They will instruct you on how to photograph an aurora and we will have a photographer onboard to assist on how best to use your cameras.
from $1,395pp twin share
- Seat options from Economy Class-Limited View to Premium Business
- Two Full-Service QANTAS meals plus snacks
- Full Bar Service including champagne, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Choose your viewing on the in seat entertainment system
- Knowledge and leadership by expert on board photographers and astronomers
from per person
Economy Limited View
Economy No Wing
Travel with Confidence
Should your 2021 season flight not be able to depart due to government restrictions with coronavirus, you can choose from either of the following:
- Transfer to an alternative departure date at no extra cost. Subject to availability.
- Receive a full refund, excluding a $100 per person administration fee.
- A 100% travel credit to use when booking another Chimu Adventures product.